• Six years experience as a professional in the design industry.
• Mac & PC cross-platform proficiency including current versions of Adobe Creative Suite and Quark XPress.
• Experience working in a corporate creative environment.
• Solid understanding of print processes including offset lithography and screen printing.
• Strict attention to detail and experience working under tight deadlines.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Pilot Pen Corporation of America (pilotpen.us)
Jacksonville, FL – January 2013 to Present
• Providing support to the Creative Services & Marketing teams with visual and technical quality control
• Performing pre-flight duties and preparing files for 4-color output
• Designing packaging, marketing materials, web content, and other items adhering to Pilot’s brand standards
• Creating compositions and mock-ups for blister packaging and point of purchase displays
Art Department Manager
New Orleans, LA – April 2011 through August 2012
• Creating artwork for shirts and other apparel
• Color separating raster & vector files for spot process
• Outputting films for burning screens
• Creating large scale banners and display graphics
• Producing several lines of original shirts for local stores and organizations. Clients include: Susan G. Komen Foundation (komenneworleans.org), Walgreens stores (walgreens.com), Rouses Markets (rouses.com), The Blood Center (thebloodcenter.org), Heath Evans Foundation (heathevans.org), Dad’s Super Pawn (dadssuperpawn.net), Nola Til Ya Die (nolatilyadie.com), Darren Sharper charity softball league, St. Bernard Parish government, Chalmette High School, several shops in the French Quarter, Local Flair Tees
Apartments For Rent Magazine (atlanta.forrent.com)
Atlanta, GA – February 2007 through March 2009
• Creating unique, custom 4-color print advertisements for apartment communities in the metro area
• Developing customized marketing materials for clients including postcards and magazine inserts
• Consulting with production offices to ensure magazine quality and consistency
• Maintaining production on a strict bi-weekly deadline
• Communicating with sales team to meet client needs
• Editing and retouching digital photographs
Swoozie’s at Brookwood Center (swoozies.com)
Atlanta, GA – September 2006 through February 2007
• Designing high-end custom cards and personalized stationery for weddings, parties, and other formal events
• Maintaining a strict 2-day turnaround time for all orders
• Overseeing in-house printing and coordinating with off-site facilities for lithography and thermography
• Providing one-on-one client consultations for custom designs
Bachelor of Fine Arts — 2005, Valdosta State University
• Concentration in Graphic Design
• Semester internship with VSU Publication & Design Services
• VSU Juried Student Competition participant
Study Abroad Program in Montepulciano, Italy — 2004, Kennesaw State University
• Coursework in painting and Renaissance art history
High School Diploma — 2000, Bainbridge High School
• Senior year with Bainbridge High School Student Newspaper
• 1st Place – Veterans of Foreign Wars Art Contest
• Best in Show – Riverside Artsfest Student Competition
• 2nd Place – Amoco Fabrics & Fibers Textile Design Contest