- Senior level designer with over 15 years of experience in commercial art
- Expert at managing the complete design process from conceptualization to reality
- Strong knowledge of the technical aspects of print production
- Experience with branding guidelines, marketing strategies, and product development
- Comfortable in fast-paced industries; task-oriented, organized, and able to work independently
Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Lightroom, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Animate, XD; Mac OS, Microsoft Windows, social media, PitStop Pro, Kodak InSite/Prinergy, Corel Draw, WordPress, HTML, Basecamp, Slack, Mailchimp, Quark XPress, Esko Automation Engine, SignLab, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Graphic Design
2005, Valdosta State University, Georgia
02/20 – present
Print Production Artist
Washingtonian Media, Washington, DC
- Play a vital role in producing Washingtonian magazine monthly and Washingtonian Weddings magazine bi-annually.
- Pre-flight outgoing magazine files to ensure print quality, color accuracy, and visual adherence to Washingtonian’s style guide; reviewing and editing final products for quality assurance and conformance with standards for visual information.
- Design advertisements and supporting editorial content, including graphics for use across all digital platforms.
- Apply professional design skills to achieve project objectives; conceiving and executing strong original graphic concepts and content.
- Provide expertise on print production.
02/14 – 10/18
Graphics & Production Specialist
The Hartley Press, Jacksonville, FL
- Managed workflow at one of the area’s largest and busiest commercial printers; routinely pre-flighted around 100+ projects per week, ensuring print efficiency and quality by preparing files correctly for production and raster image processing (RIP) jobs according to individual specifications.
- Reviewed incoming projects; analyzed customer requirements, various layout formats, typographical effects, and technical constraints.
- Created artwork for publishing, packaging, embossing/foil stamping, die cutting, and mailing.
- Organized and archived mechanical files for each job; maintained an extensive knowledge of print processes including color correction, ink ratios, paper types, press curves (Komori sheet-fed and Rotoman web-fed), and specialty coatings.
- Actively worked with customers to define requirements and conceptualize end products.
01/13 – 02/14
Pilot Pen Corporation of America, Jacksonville, FL
- Designed retail product packaging and displays, mechanical die lines, digital graphics, corporate communications, and marketing materials, driving sales for the nation’s third largest manufacturer of writing instruments.
- Reviewed and edited final products for format, composition, layout, typography, quality assurance, and conformance with standards for visual information.
- Ensured technical compatibility and adherence to Pilot’s branding standards with pre-flight and quality control for outgoing files.
- Built physical compositions and mock-ups for blister packaging and retail point-of-purchase displays used in presentations for nationwide retailers and trade shows.
01/10 – 12/12
Art Department Manager
Unlimited Tees, Atlanta, GA
- Managed projects and workflow by determining scope from initial concept through final product presentation and packaging.
- Managed the creative process from start to finish, beginning with client meetings and ending with hand-off to the production department.
- Consulted with clients to explain technical and or abstract concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Mentored junior designers and worked closely with the sales team to improve synergy, including development of a ticketing and organization system for incoming / outgoing jobs.
- Processed artwork by color separating and outputting of film positives for screen printing, and generating compatible files for embroidery machinery.
- Carried out social media campaigns and day-to-day activities.
02/07 – 12/09
For Rent Media, Atlanta, GA
- Produced Apartments For Rent and Apartamentos Para Rentar magazines on bi-weekly deadlines, each publication involving 500+ pages of content.
- Developed customized marketing materials for housing communities, including print/mail collateral and digital graphics.
- Collaborated with in-house sales team and off-site production offices to ensure print accuracy and client satisfaction.
01/06 – 02/07
Swoozie’s, Atlanta, GA
- Created luxury custom cards and stationery for weddings, parties, and formal events; maintained 2-day turnaround time for all projects.
- Supervised all in-house digital printing for the store; coordinated with off-site facilities for specialty printing services.
- Provided superior customer service and personalized consultations for new clients and throughout all stages of the design process.
08/04 – 05/05
Graphic Design Intern
Valdosta State University, Valdosta, GA