- Senior level designer with over 15 years of experience in commercial art
- Expert at managing the complete design process from conceptualization to reality
- Strong knowledge of the technical aspects of print production
- Experience with branding guidelines, marketing strategies, and product development
- Comfortable in fast-paced industries; task-oriented, organized, and able to work independently
Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Lightroom, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Animate, XD; Mac OS, Microsoft Windows, social media, PitStop Pro, Kodak InSite/Prinergy, Corel Draw, WordPress, HTML, Basecamp, Slack, Mailchimp, Quark XPress, Esko Automation Engine, SignLab, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Graphic Design
Valdosta State University, 2005
02/20 – present
Print Production Artist
Washingtonian Media, Washington, DC
- Produce Washingtonian magazine monthly and Washingtonian Weddings magazine bi-annually.
- Pre-flight outgoing files: ensure print quality, color accuracy, and visual adherence to Washingtonian’s style guide.
- Design custom advertisements, marketing collateral, social media graphics, and supporting editorial content.
02/14 – 10/18
Graphics & Production Specialist
The Hartley Press, Jacksonville, FL
- Managed workflow of up to 100+ projects per week; pre-flight and raster image processing (RIP) files for production, ensuring print efficiency and quality at one of North Florida’s largest and busiest commercial printers.
- Created artwork for publishing, packaging, embossing, foil stamping, die cutting, and mailing; organized and archived mechanical files for each job.
- Maintained extensive knowledge of print processes including color correction, ink ratios, paper types, press curves, and specialty coatings.
01/13 – 02/14
Pilot Pen Corporation of America, Jacksonville, FL
- Designed retail product packaging and displays, mechanical die lines, digital graphics, corporate communications, and marketing materials, driving sales for the nation’s third largest manufacturer of writing instruments.
- Pre-flight and quality control for all outgoing files, ensuring technical compatibility and visual adherence to Pilot’s branding standards.
- Built physical compositions and mock-ups for blister packaging and retail point-of-purchase displays used in presentations for nationwide retailers and trade shows.
01/10 – 12/12
Art Department Manager
Unlimited Tees, Atlanta, GA
- Oversaw workflow and prioritized projects; color separated files, output film positives for screen printing, and ensured hand-off to production department.
- Created custom artwork to meet clients’ needs for screen printing, embroidery, cut vinyl, and large-format media.
- Mentored junior designers; worked closely with sales team to improve synergy and developed a job ticketing/organization system; managed company social media accounts.
02/07 – 12/09
For Rent Media, Atlanta, GA
- Produced Apartments For Rent and Apartamentos Para Rentar magazines on bi-weekly deadlines, each publication involving 500+ pages of content.
- Developed customized marketing materials for housing communities, including print/mail collateral and digital graphics.
- Collaborated with in-house sales team and off-site production offices to ensure print accuracy and client satisfaction.
01/06 – 02/07
Swoozie’s, Atlanta, GA
- Created luxury custom cards and stationery for weddings, parties, and formal events; maintained 2-day turnaround time for all projects.
- Supervised all in-house digital printing for the store; coordinated with off-site facilities for specialty printing services.
- Provided superior customer service and personalized consultations for new clients and throughout all stages of the design process.
08/04 – 05/05
Graphic Design Intern
Valdosta State University, Valdosta, GA