Software: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Premiere/Premiere Rush, XD), Microsoft Office, WordPress, Basecamp, Slack, Figma, MacOS/iOS, Windows, Android OS
Areas of Expertise: Typography, Branding, Marketing, Advertising, Printing, Graphic Design, Package Design, Layout Design, Web Design, Logo Design, User Interface (UI) Design, User Experience (UX) Design, Pre-press, Copy Writing, Illustration, Photography, Video Editing, Image Editing, Social Media, Content Creation, Content Development, Project Management, Information Architecture, Design Research, Wireframing, Art Direction
Languages: English (Fluent), Spanish (Basic)
8/22 – Present
Production Designer, National Association of Realtors
Washington, DC (Remote)
3/20 – 8/22
Production Designer, Washingtonian Magazine
- Played a vital role in publishing Washingtonian magazine, founded in 1965 and holding over 400k print subscribers.
- Reviewed all outgoing files to ensure final product maintains print quality, color accuracy, and visual adherence to approved style guides.
- Designed advertisements and supporting editorial and advertorial content for 20-25% of magazine, utilizing marketing techniques to promote audience engagement.
- Applied professional design skills to achieve project objectives; conceiving and executing strong original concepts and content.
- Provided advice and expertise on print production, suggesting what will best meet objectives.
- Assisted Washingtonian Custom Media in creating content for print and digital publications, responsive websites, strategic social media, mobile apps, and branded events.
2/14 – 10/18
Graphics & Production Specialist, The Hartley Press
- Managed workflow at one of North Florida’s largest and busiest commercial printers, routinely handling 100+ new projects per week; ensured print efficiency and quality by preparing files correctly for production according to individual specifications, reviewing hard proofs, and performing press checks on outgoing projects.
- Designed and produced customized media including page layouts for publications, other communication materials such as pamphlets, brochures, posters, and newsletters, in addition to three-dimensional packaging.
- Reviewed incoming projects, analyzed requirements, and actively worked with sales team and clients to conceptualize end products. Managed the complete design process from brainstorming to hand-off to production department.
- Provided advice on the advantages and visual effectiveness of various printed formats and media, suggesting those that will best meet informational objectives and cost parameters.
- Organized mechanical files for each job and maintained library of archived client media, and maintained an extensive knowledge of print processes including: color correction, ink ratios, paper varieties, press curves, and specialty coatings and finishing techniques.
- Identified and tested new graphics applications and pre-press software, in order to streamline and improve the production process.
- Mentored and trained junior employees.
- Produced documents for direct shipping that conform to USPS mailing standards.
1/13 – 2/14
Production Designer, Pilot Pen Corporation of America
- Designed and produced materials directed toward driving sales for the US’s 3rd largest manufacturer of writing instruments.
- Developed retail product packaging and displays, multi-page documents, large publications, branding guidelines, digital graphics, web content, drawings/illustrations, corporate communications, marketing materials, photographs, charts, diagrams, and infographics.
- Reviewed and edited final products for format, composition, layout, typography, compatibility, quality control, and visual conformance with branding standards.
- Created two and three dimensional models and die lines for blister packaging and retail point-of-purchase displays for nationwide retailers and trade shows.
- Planned visual projects aimed at communicating a wide variety of company information; created multimedia presentations and products used for training, conferences, lectures, workshops, and other activities.
- Cross collaborated with sales and marketing teams utilizing agile methods with Basecamp and Slack.
2/07 – 12/09
Graphic Designer, ForRent.com
- Produced Apartments For Rent and Apartamentos Para Rentar magazines on bi-weekly deadlines, each publication involving 500+ pages of advertising content for housing communities in the Atlanta metro area.
- Produced ForRent.com web content, including digital graphics, page layouts, and copy writing.
- Carried out social media campaigns and day-to-day content strategy to promote audience engagement.
- Developed customized visual materials, including advertisements, marketing materials, multi-page publications, and other communication products such as pamphlets, brochures, and newsletters for print publication and direct mail, as well as digital collateral, graphics, and web content.
- Reviewed incoming projects and translated information into original products without previously established formats or clear unambiguous visual models or samples.
- Actively worked with sales team to define client requirements and conceptualize end products, and provided advice on the advantages of various formats and media, suggesting those that will best meet objectives.
- Collaborated with off-site production offices to ensure quality control, technical compatibility, print accuracy, and visual adherence to each client’s branding standards to promote customer satisfaction.
User Interface and Experience Design bootcamp
California Institute of the Arts (online), 2019
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree
Valdosta State University, Valdosta, GA