- Senior level designer with over a decade of experience in commercial art
- Expert at managing the complete design process from conceptualization to reality
- Strong knowledge of the technical aspects of print production
- Experience with branding guidelines, marketing strategies, and product development
- Comfortable in fast-paced industries; task-oriented, organized, and able to work independently
Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Lightroom, Dreamweaver, Adobe XD, Premier Pro, After Effects, Mac OS, Microsoft Windows, social media, PitStop, Kodak InSite/Prinergy, Corel Draw, WordPress, HTML, Basecamp, Asana, Mailchimp, Quark XPress, Esko Automation Engine, SignLab, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Graphic Design
Valdosta State University, 2005
02/20 – present
Print Production Artist
Washingtonian Media, Washington, DC
- Produce Washingtonian magazine monthly and Washingtonian Weddings magazine bi-annually.
- Pre-flight outgoing magazine files, ensuring print quality, color accuracy, and visual adherence to Washingtonian’s style guide.
- Design advertisements and supporting editorial content.
02/14 – 10/18
Graphics & Production Specialist
The Hartley Press, Jacksonville, FL
- Managed workflow of up to 100+ projects per week, involving pre-flight and raster image process (RIP) files for production; ensuring print efficiency and quality at one of the area’s largest and busiest commercial printers.
- Created artwork for publishing, packaging, embossing, foil stamping, die cutting, and mailing; organize and archive mechanical files for each job.
- Maintained extensive knowledge of print processes including color correction, ink ratios, paper types, press curves, and specialty coatings.
01/13 – 02/14
Pilot Pen Corporation of America, Jacksonville, FL
- Designed retail product packaging and displays, mechanical die lines, digital graphics, corporate communications, and marketing materials, driving sales for the nation’s third largest manufacturer of writing instruments.
- Pre-flight and quality control for all outgoing files, ensuring technical compatibility and visual adherence to Pilot’s branding standards.
- Built physical compositions and mock-ups for blister packaging and retail point-of-purchase displays used in presentations for nationwide retailers and trade shows.
01/10 – 12/12
Art Department Manager
Unlimited Tees, Atlanta, GA
- Oversaw workflow and prioritized projects; color separated files, output film positives for screen printing, and ensured hand-off to production department.
- Created custom artwork to meet clients’ needs for screen printing, embroidery, cut vinyl, and large-format media.
- Mentored junior designers; worked closely with sales team to improve synergy and developed a job ticketing/organization system; managed company social media accounts.
02/07 – 12/09
For Rent Media, Atlanta, GA
- Produced Apartments For Rent and Apartamentos Para Rentar magazines on bi-weekly deadlines, each publication involving 500+ pages of content.
- Developed customized marketing materials for housing communities, including print/mail collateral and digital graphics.
- Collaborated with in-house sales team and off-site production offices to ensure print accuracy and client satisfaction.
01/06 – 02/07
Swoozie’s, Atlanta, GA
- Created luxury custom cards and stationery for weddings, parties, and formal events; maintained 2-day turnaround time for all projects.
- Supervised all in-house digital printing for the store; coordinated with off-site facilities for specialty printing services.
- Provided superior customer service and personalized consultations for new clients and throughout all stages of the design process.
08/04 – 05/05
Graphic Design Intern
Valdosta State University, Valdosta, GA