- Senior level designer with over a decade of experience in commercial art
- Expert at managing the complete design process from conceptualization to reality
- Strong knowledge of the technical aspects of print production
- Experience with branding guidelines, marketing strategies, and product development
- Comfortable in fast-paced industries; task-oriented, organized, and able to work independently
Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Lightroom, Dreamweaver, Adobe XD, Premier Pro, Mac OS, Microsoft Windows, Corel Draw, WordPress, HTML, Basecamp, Mailchimp, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), Quark XPress, Esko Automation Engine, SignLab, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Graphic Design
Valdosta State University, 2005
08/2009 – present
Graphic Design & Marketing (volunteer) at Hash House Harriers
- Develop artwork for print, social media, web, and mobile UI.
- Assist in marketing, planning, and logistics on a number of fundraising events, usually involving between 100-500 people.
- In 2019, I was part of the team that planned our biennial North/South American conference, where we chartered a commercial cruise line for a group of 1200 people and sailed to Nassau, Bahamas. During this conference we raised $1000 for Make a Wish and over $7000 in donations for Hurricane Dorian relief.
02/2014 – 10/2018
Graphics & Production Specialist at The Hartley Press
- Manage workflow of up to 100+ projects per week; ensure print efficiency and quality at one of the area’s largest and busiest commercial printers; pre-flight and raster image process (RIP) files for production.
- Create artwork for publishing, packaging, embossing, foil stamping, die cutting, and mailing; organize and archive mechanical files for each job.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of print processes including color correction, ink ratios, paper types, press curves (Komori sheet-fed and Rotoman web-fed), and specialty coatings.
01/2013 – 02/2014
Production Artist at Pilot Pen Corporation of America
- Design retail product packaging and displays, mechanical die lines, digital graphics, corporate communications, and marketing materials, driving sales for the nation’s third largest manufacturer of writing instruments.
- Pre-flight and quality control for all outgoing files, ensuring technical compatibility and visual adherence to Pilot’s branding standards.
- Build physical compositions and mock-ups for blister packaging and retail point-of-purchase displays used in presentations for nationwide retailers and trade shows.
01/2010 – 12/2012
Art Department Manager at Unlimited Tees
- Oversee workflow and prioritize projects; color separate files, output film positives for screen printing, and ensure hand-off to production department.
- Create custom artwork to meet clients’ needs for screen printing, embroidery, cut vinyl, and large-format media.
- Mentor junior designers and work closely with sales team to improve synergy; develop ticketing and organization system for incoming and outgoing jobs.
02/2007 – 12/2009
Graphic Designer at For Rent Media Solutions
- Produce Apartments For Rent and Apartamentos Para Rentar magazines on bi-weekly deadlines, each issue 500+ pages of content.
- Design customized marketing materials for housing communities, including print and mail collateral and digital graphics.
- Collaborate with in-house sales team and off-site production offices to ensure print accuracy and client satisfaction.
01/2006 – 02/2007
Graphic Designer at Swoozie’s
- Create luxury custom cards and stationery for weddings, parties, and formal events; maintain 2-day turnaround time for all projects.
- Supervise all in-house digital printing for the store; coordinate with off-site facilities for lithography and thermography printing services.
- Provide superior customer service and personalized consultations for new clients and throughout all stages of the design process.