- Over 10 years of experience in graphic arts: layout, image manipulation, illustration, product packaging, typography, branding/identity, advertising, marketing, screen printing, copy writing/editing, and web design.
- Management of the complete design process from conceptualization to delivery.
- Leadership roles in a creative team environment.
- Expert proficiency on Adobe Photoshop / InDesign / Illustrator and Quark XPress software.
October 2018 – present
- Developing customized visual communication solutions and digital artwork for print and web.
February 2014 – October 2018
Graphic Artist at The Hartley Press
- Meeting client needs for a spectrum of custom artwork: color print media; die lines for packaging, emboss, and foil stamping; image editing, color correcting, reproductions, and photo retouching.
- Ensuring quality and consistency for one of North Florida’s largest commercial printers, pre-flighting up to 100 jobs per week.
- Communicating with in-house sales team and directly with clients.
- Hiring and training assistance for new art department employees.
January 2013 – February 2014
Production Artist at Pilot Pen Corporation of America
- Designing product packaging, marketing materials, internal paraphernalia, and web content, maintaining Pilot’s branding standards.
- Networking between the Creative Services and Marketing teams.
- Pre-flight and quality control for outgoing files.
- Building physical compositions and mock-ups for blister packaging and retail point-of-purchase displays used in presentations for nationwide retailers and trade shows.
April 2011 – August 2012
Art Department Manager at Louisiana Unlimited
- Overseeing art department workflow; creating designs for screen printing, heat press, large format printing, and embroidery.
- Color separation of art files and output of film positives for screen printing.
- Producing original apparel for sale in the New Orleans metro area, including exclusive partnerships with local and national stores.
April 2009 – March 2011
- Developing customized visual communication solutions and digital artwork for print and web. Freelance clients include: Arabella Papers, Atlanta Hash House Harriers, New Orleans Hash House Harriers, Sweetwater Brewing Company.
- Leading painting classes of up to 20 children or 50 adults at Painting With a Twist in Gretna, LA.
February 2007 – March 2009
Graphic Artist at Dominion Enterprises
- Creating full-color advertisements for publication in Apartments For Rent Magazine and Para Rentar (Spanish language version).
- Producing customized marketing materials for apartment communities in the metro Atlanta area, including flyers and digital content.
- Maintaining production for both magazines on a bi-weekly deadline, often 500 pages of content or more.
- Communicating with in-house sales team and off-site production offices.
January 2006 – February 2007
Production Manager at Swoozie’s (Brookwood Station location)
- Supervising all in-house laser printing and coordinating with off-site print facilities for lithography and thermography services.
- Developing high-end custom cards and stationery for weddings, parties, and formal events.
- Personalized client consultations for new jobs and throughout all stages of the design process; maintaining a 2-day turnaround time for orders.
Bachelor of Fine Arts | 2005
Valdosta State University, Valdosta, Georgia
- Internship with VSU Publication & Design Services
- VSU Juried Student Competition participant
- 5-week fine arts study abroad program in Italy