- Senior level designer with over a decade of experience in commercial art
- Able to manage the complete design process from conceptualization to delivery
- Strong knowledge of the technical aspects of print production
- Experience with branding guidelines, marketing strategies, and event planning
- Comfortable in fast-paced industries; task-oriented, organized, and able to work independently
Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, XD, Lightroom, Acrobat Pro), Mac OS, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Corel Draw, Quark XPress, Esko Automation Engine, SignLab, WordPress, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), Mailchimp
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Graphic Design
Valdosta State University, 2005
10/18 – present, Freelance Graphic Artist
08/09 – present, Graphic Design & Marketing (volunteer) at Hash House Harriers
- Create art for apparel print and embroidery, and digital graphics for social media and web/mobile application.
- Assist in marketing, planning, and logistics on a number of fundraising events, usually involving between 100-500 people.
- In 2019, I was part of the team that planned our biennial North/South American conference, where we chartered a commercial cruise line for a group of 1200 people and sailed to Nassau, Bahamas. During this conference we raised $1000 for Make a Wish and over $7000 in donations for Hurricane Dorian relief.
02/14 – 10/18, Graphic & Production Artist at The Hartley Press
- Manage workflow of up to 100+ projects per week; ensure print efficiency and quality at one of the area’s largest and busiest commercial printers; pre-flight and raster image process (RIP) files for production.
- Create artwork for publishing, packaging, embossing, foil stamping, die cutting, and mailing; organize and archive mechanical files for each job.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of print processes including color correction, ink ratios, paper types, press curves (Komori sheet-fed and Rotoman web-fed), and specialty coatings.
01/13 – 02/14, Production Artist at Pilot Pen Corporation of America
- Design retail product packaging and displays, mechanical die lines, digital graphics, corporate communications, and marketing materials, driving sales for the nation’s third largest manufacturer of writing instruments.
- Pre-flight and quality control for all outgoing files, ensuring technical compatibility and visual adherence to Pilot’s branding standards.
- Build physical compositions and mock-ups for blister packaging and retail point-of-purchase displays used in presentations for nationwide retailers and trade shows.
01/10 – 12/12, Art Department Manager at Louisiana Unlimited
- Oversee workflow, prioritize projects, and develop ticketing system for incoming jobs; lead creative team of 3 employees.
- Create art, color separate, and manage output of film positives for screen printing.
- Generate compatible files for embroidery, cut vinyl, vehicle wraps, and large-format signs.
- Produce original apparel for sale in the New Orleans metro area; develop successful exclusive retail partnerships with both locally-owned shops and nationwide chain stores.
02/07 – 12/09, Graphic Designer at For Rent Media Solutions
- Produce Apartments For Rent and Apartamentos Para Rentar magazines on bi-weekly deadlines, each issue 500+ pages of content.
- Design customized marketing materials for housing communities, including print and mail collateral and digital graphics.
- Collaborate with in-house sales team and off-site production offices to ensure print accuracy and client satisfaction.
01/06 – 02/07, Production Artist at Swoozie’s
- Create luxury custom cards and stationery for weddings, parties, and formal events; maintain 2-day turnaround time for all projects.
- Supervise all in-house digital printing for the store; coordinate with off-site facilities for lithography and thermography printing services.
- Provide superior customer service and personalized consultations for new clients and throughout all stages of the design process.
08/04 – 05/05, Graphic Designer (intern) at Valdosta State University