Developing, designing, and manufacturing print and digital media including marketing materials, corporate communications, publications, business cards, catalogs, brochures, flyers, posters, invitations, stationery, advertisements, promotional materials, websites, apparel, and packaging design for retail boxes, blister packs, labels, and displays.
Creating materials for print production in 4-color process lithography, digital inkjet, or screen printing, working with Pantone colors, choosing paper, color separating and raster image process (RIP) files according to project specifications.
10/18 – present | Graphic Artist | Wilmington Animal Centrix
- Working directly with the fundraising chairperson to market and promote community events, including social media and web graphics, posters/flyers, and printed collateral.
- Photographing people and animals at charity events.
2/14 – 10/18 | Graphic Artist | The Hartley Press
- Ensuring quality and consistency at one of North Florida’s largest and busiest commercial printers, pre-flighting up to 100 jobs per week.
- Developing unique visual communication solutions for high-profile clients including: Ronald McDonald House, Jacksonville Jaguars (NFL), Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp (MiLB), and Wolfson Children’s Hospital.
- Creating artwork for publishing, packaging, letterpress, foil stamping, die cutting, and mailing.
- Assisting in hiring and training new art department employees.
1/13 – 2/14 | Production Artist | Pilot Pen Corporation of America
- Designing product packaging, die lines, digital graphics, and printed marketing materials for the nation’s third largest manufacturer of writing instruments.
- Networking between the Creative Services and Marketing teams, including creation of internal paraphernalia.
- Pre-flight and quality control for outgoing files, ensuring technical compatibility and visual adherence to Pilot’s branding standards.
- Building physical compositions and mock-ups for blister packaging and retail point-of-purchase displays used in presentations for nationwide retailers and trade shows.
1/11 – 8/12 | Art Department Manager | Louisiana Unlimited
- Overseeing workflow and prioritizing projects, leading a team of 3 creatives.
- Producing art for screen printing, heat press, large format printing, vinyl cutting, and embroidery, in addition to color separating digital files and output of film positives.
- Creating original apparel for sale in the New Orleans metro area, including exclusive partnerships with locally-owned stores and national chains such as Walgreens.
2/07 – 3/09 | Graphic Artist | Dominion Enterprises
- Producing Atlanta Apartments For Rent and Apartamentos Para Rentar (Spanish language version) magazines on a bi-weekly deadline, each issue often 500 pages of content or more.
- Designing customized marketing materials for rental communities throughout metro Atlanta, including print / mail advertisements, and digital content / banner ads.
- Communicating with in-house sales team and off-site production offices to ensure print accuracy.
1/06 – 2/07 | Production Manager | Swoozies
- Creating luxury custom cards and stationery for weddings, parties, and formal events.
- Maintaining a 2-day turnaround time for all projects.
- Supervising all in-house laser printing for the Atlanta, GA, Swoozies location at Brookwood Square, and coordinating with off-site print facilities for lithography and thermography services.
- Providing superior customer service and personalized consultations for new clients and throughout all stages of the design process.
2005 | Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Graphic Design | Valdosta State University
During my undergraduate studies at VSU, I participated in a graphic design internship with the Publication and Design Services office and took part in a summer semester abroad, studying Renaissance art in Italy.