- Over 10 years of experience in graphic arts: layout, image manipulation, illustration, product packaging, typography, branding/identity, advertising, marketing, screen printing, copy writing/editing, and web design.
- Expert proficiency with Adobe creative software on both Mac and PC operating systems.
- Management of the complete design process from conceptualization to delivery.
- Leadership roles in a creative team environment.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design
August 2001 – May 2005
Valdosta State University, Valdosta, GA
- Senior year internship with VSU Design Services
- Juried student art competition participant
- Summer semester abroad studying fine arts in Italy
Beginning spring 2019
Master of Fine Arts in Visual Experience Design
Savannah College of Art & Design, Savannah, GA
Since October 2018
- Developing customized visual communication solutions and digital artwork for print and web.
- Graphic Designer at Wilmington Animal Centrix
Graphic Artist at The Hartley Press
February 2014 – October 2018
- Meeting client needs for a spectrum of custom artwork: color print media; die lines for packaging, emboss, and foil stamping; image editing, color correcting, reproductions, and photo retouching.
- Ensuring quality and consistency for one of North Florida’s largest commercial printers, pre-flighting up to 100 jobs per week.
- Communicating with in-house sales team and directly with clients.
- Hiring and training assistance for new art department employees.
Production Artist at Pilot Pen Corporation of America
January 2013 – February 2014
- Designing product packaging, marketing materials, internal paraphernalia, and web content, maintaining Pilot’s branding standards.
- Networking between the Creative Services and Marketing teams.
- Pre-flight and quality control for outgoing files.
- Building physical compositions and mock-ups for blister packaging and retail point-of-purchase displays used in presentations for nationwide retailers and trade shows.
Art Department Manager at Louisiana Unlimited
New Orleans, LA
April 2011 – December 2012
- Overseeing art department workflow; creating designs for screen printing, heat press, large format printing, and embroidery.
- Color separation of art files and output of film positives for screen printing.
- Producing original apparel for sale in the New Orleans metro area, including exclusive partnerships with local and national stores.
Art Instructor at Painting With a Twist
New Orleans, LA
December 2010 – April 2011
- Leading classes of up to 20 children or 50 adults, guiding participants through a single-session acrylic painting in 1-3 hours.
- Scheduling classes, processing payments, providing student support, maintaining studio environment, and performing supply inventory.
- Creating social media promotions and targeted email marketing.
Graphic Artist at Dominion Enterprises
February 2007 – March 2009
- Creating full-color advertisements for publication in Apartments For Rent Magazine and Para Rentar (Spanish language version).
- Producing customized marketing materials for apartment communities in the metro Atlanta area, including flyers and digital content.
- Maintaining production for both magazines on a bi-weekly deadline, often 500 pages of content or more.
- Communicating with in-house sales team and off-site production offices.
Production Manager at Swoozie’s
January 2006 – February 2007
- Supervising all in-house laser printing and coordinating with off-site print facilities for lithography and thermography services.
- Developing high-end custom cards and stationery for weddings, parties, and formal events.
- Personalized client consultations for new jobs and throughout all stages of the design process; maintaining a 2-day turnaround time for orders.