Over a decade of experience as a commercial artist, managing the complete design process from conceptualization to delivery, developing multiple simultaneous projects, collaborating and performing leadership roles in a creative team environment. Comfortable in fast-paced industries; organized, detail-oriented, confident, and able to work independently. Passionate about creating impactful design solutions.
Visual thinking, creative management, art direction, print design, layout, image manipulation, photo editing, illustration, packaging, typography, branding, product design, advertising, marketing, screen printing, prototyping, wireframing, web design, social media, art consulting, color theory, photography, user experience (UX) design, composition, drawing, painting, verbal & written communication.
Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, XD, Lightroom, After Effects, Acrobat Pro, WordPress, Quark XPress, Esko Automation Engine, Mac OS, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat) HTML.
Since 10/18 | Graphic Designer at Wilmington Animal Centrix
- Work directly with the fundraising chairperson to market and promote charity events across multiple channels; develop social media and web graphics, printed collateral, and photography.
2/14 – 10/18 | Graphic Designer at The Hartley Press
- Manage workflow, ensure print efficiency and quality at one of North Florida’s largest and busiest commercial printers.
- Pre-flight 100+ projects per week; ensure files are correct for production, raster image process (RIP) jobs according to individual specifications.
- Create artwork for publishing, packaging, letterpress, foil stamping, die cutting, and mailing; organize and archive mechanical files for each job.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of print processes including color correction, ink ratios, paper types, press curves (Komori offset lithograph and Rotoman web presses), and specialty coatings.
- Train new art department employees.
1/13 – 2/14 | Production Artist at Pilot Pen Corporation of America
- Design retail product packaging and displays, mechanical die lines, digital graphics, corporate communications, and marketing materials, driving sales for the nation’s third largest manufacturer of writing instruments.
- Pre-flight and quality control for all outgoing files, ensuring technical compatibility and visual adherence to Pilot’s branding standards.
- Build physical compositions and mock-ups for blister packaging and retail point-of-purchase displays used in presentations for nationwide retailers and trade shows.
1/10 – 12/12 | Art Department Manager at Louisiana Unlimited
- Oversee workflow and prioritize projects, develop ticketing system for incoming jobs; lead creative team of 3 employees.
- Create art, color separate, and manage output of film positives for screen printing; generate compatible files for embroidery machinery.
- Produce original apparel for sale in the New Orleans metro area; develop successful exclusive retail partnerships with both locally-owned shops and nationwide chain stores.
2/07 – 3/09 | Graphic Designer at Dominion Enterprises
- Produce Atlanta Apartments For Rent and Apartamentos Para Rentar magazines on bi-weekly deadlines, each issue 500+ pages of content.
- Design customized marketing materials for housing communities throughout metro Atlanta, including print and mail collateral and digital content (website graphics, banner ads).
- Communicate with in-house sales team and off-site production offices to ensure print accuracy.
1/06 – 2/07 | Production Artist at Swoozies
- Create luxury custom cards and stationery for weddings, parties, and formal events; maintain 2-day turnaround time for all projects.
- Supervise all in-house laser printing for the Swoozies location at Brookwood Square; coordinate with off-site print facilities for lithography and thermography print services.
- Provide superior customer service and personalized consultations for new clients and throughout all stages of the design process.
8/04 – 5/05 | Graphic Design Intern at Valdosta State University
In progress – Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Visual Experience Design
Savannah College of Art & Design, Savannah, GA
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Graphic Design
2005, Valdosta State University, Valdosta, GA